Costa Brava Cruise Ports
Costa Brava Cruise Ports is a network of publicly run organisations that was formally set up in February 2012 following an agreement signed by Ports de la Generalitat de Catalunya (Ports of the Generalitat of Catalonia), Patronat de Turisme Costa Brava Girona (Costa Brava Girona Tourism Board), Cambra de Comerç, Indústria i Navegació de Girona (Girona Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Shipping), Cambra de Comerç, Indústria i Navegació de Palamós (Palamós Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Shipping), Ajuntament de Roses (Roses Town Council) and Ajuntament de Palamós (Palamós Town Council).
This network, comprising a port authority, local authorities and tourism companies, facilitates communication with both shipping companies and passengers by bringing together information from different sources and facilitating any formalities that may be necessary.
Costa Brava Cruise Ports is a member of MEDCRUISE (The Association of Mediterranean Cruise Ports), via Ports de la Generalitat (under the name of Port de Palamós) and Patronat de Turisme Costa Brava Girona.
Costa Brava Cruise Ports reaches the international port community and trade associations of companies in the tourism industry (retailer associations, hotel and restaurant associations, and cultural associations, etc.) with which it works on a regular basis to improve tourism options in the Costa Brava and adapt them to the needs of cruise companies with regard to their ports of call.
WHAT WE DO
The main objective of Costa Brava Cruise Ports is to promote cruise ports along the Costa Brava (Palamós and Roses) to the cruise industry.
Our main activities are:
- Attendance at the main industry trade fairs and events at both European and international level including Miami – Seatrade Cruise Shipping, Seatrade Med, Seatrade Europe, International Cruise Summit, etc.
- Organisation of promotional trips for specialist press and for representatives of cruise companies
- Production and publication of graphical and audiovisual promotional material
- Public relations with companies offering trips to our destinations
- Follow up and consolidate commercial relationships with port operators and cruise lines in Europe and America